Apr 30, 201409:17 AMBlaska's Bring It!
with David Blaska
Madison is still waiting for whitey for its big race fix
(page 1 of 2)
Madison progressives are busy congratulating themselves these days for being liberal about race relations. They are celebrating the “Together Apart: Talking Across the Social Divide” panel discussion at the First Unitarian Society and the “Justified Anger” potluck at Memorial High School.
“Madison has been working on racial disparity issues … for nearly three decades,” writes the editor of the corporation that speaks as if it were a person. And for all of that time, progressives have been running the show. Not the Koch Brothers, not the Bradley Foundation, not ALEC, not Scott Walker nor a single Fitzgerald.
“This time, the city’s focus on race feels different,” Your Progressive Voice purrs. If you say so, The Corporation That speaks. If you say so. But you’re not telling me what is different, except that racism, as an issue, now is “on the radar of mainstream Madison.” That should fix things! The progressive white establishment is paying attention!
This time. They were only pretending to listen during the Race Study Circles of a decade ago.
It’s the same old, same old — only more of the same. At the risk of being called a racist (believe me, I have been called just that by Madison progressives), this aging white man says nothing has changed.
Racism, resentment, and redistribution remain the feedstocks of modern progressivism, along with the cult of victimhood. Nothing has changed when progressives insist on blaming the racial disparity in (name the ill) on some white people for not doing enough (not enough positive news stories!) and blame others (the bad ones) for doing too much. Nothing has changed when the solution involves still more government programs, still more coerced redistribution, still more blame gaming.
You want to talk progressive on race?
Take these easy steps.
- Condemn NBA owner Donald Sterling (who, for all the idiocy that comes out of his mouth, does employs a few black people at high salaries). Condemn rogue rancher Cliven Bundy for same. Check.
- Sit down with a black person. Listen intently. Nod vigorously. Check.
- Blame opposition to Obamacare, concern over Benghazi, and dismay over selective IRS enforcement on white racists. Check.
- Fight school choice and education reform. Madison Prep? Not if it threatens the teachers union monopoly. Check.
- Denounce former Congressman Allen West, Sheriff David Clark, Dr. Ben Carson, Bill Cosby, and Justice Clarence Thomas for not being authentically “black.” Check.
- Confess to “white privilege” and say three Hail Marys. Check.
- Insist that minority races, uniquely, are not competent to acquire identification before voting. Check.
- Condemn last week’s 6-2 Supreme Court decision against affirmative action. Check.
- Demand racial impact statements before passing a Dane County ordinance. Check.
- Vote Democrat. Check and write check.